Saturday, October 26, 2013

Preparing for Jordan

March 15, 2013

I am preparing for my week and a half long trip to Jordan. I have lightly researched and these are the things I thought would impact my trip the most.
 

Background History:
I found it very interesting that Jordan is still a constitutional monarchy which means they have a King and a Prime Minister. The King who is currently, Abdullah II has the majority of the power. He signs and vetos all laws for Jordan. The Prime Minister, Abullah Ensour, is appointed by the King of Jordan.
 
Things I Know Before I Arrive:
1.) Jordan is a year round destination. Best weather is in the spring time when it is warm but not scorching and the rainy season is over.
2.) Public transportation is difficult by bus because no bus schedules exist. Bus times are spoken by word of mouth and chance if you happen to be at the bus stop when a bus is. Taxis are easier to use but they get pricy if used for every occasion.

 

This map above shows where in the middle east Jordan is located. Jordan borders Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, and Israel. The Dead Sea also borders Jordan and is a large attraction to tourists. From the map above you can tell that the majority of cities reside in the western half of Jordan. The cities are not in the eastern area because of the dry climate of the deserts.
 
The map below shows a better representation of where the Syrian Desert and the Ard As Sawwan Desert are located in Jordan.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment