Saturday, October 26, 2013

Final day in Jordan

March 25, 2013

Jordan Rift Valley
On my last day in Jordan I decided to visit the Dead Sea, located in the Jordan Rift Valley. This valley is 400 meters below sea level which is the lowest point on the face of the earth. The Dead Sea is bordering the west side of Jordan.

The Dead Sea's large attraction is the warm and extremely salty water. The large concentration of salt in the Dead Sea results in a higher density of water allowing people to float. If you are floating in the Dead Sea make sure not to taste the salty water on accident!

This attraction is also called the "Dead Sea" because the conditions of the water are so harsh that few animals are able to survive in that area. The picture above shows a man floating in the Dead Sea while reading a newspaper.

Jordan in a Nutshell
 
Visiting Jordan was an amazing experience that made me appreciate culture. The people here were extremely friendly and made me feel welcomed by being invited to share a traditional Jordan meal. I am glad I visited Petra and Jerash because I learned about Jordan's history just by looking at the old and beautiful architecture. The Dead Sea was also a great experience because there is no other body of water like it. I had a completely different idea of what Jordan would be like when I researched before my arrival. I would advise anyone that is thinking of traveling around the world to stop in Jordan to explore and experience the culture.





No comments:

Post a Comment